In addition to tutoring, KLTS uses Skype-a-Thon a free global learning event that makes it possible for students to travel the world virtually and connect beyond the classroom.
KLTS offers the following services:
- Classroom-to-Classroom Collaboration students study and collaborate on the same concept/skill for several weeks (i.e. climate change)
- Mystery Skype is where students ask/answer yes or no questions to guess the geographic location.
- Virtual Field trip offers students an opportunity to visit a museum or exotic place without leaving the classroom
- Guest Speaker authors/professionals dialogue with students
- Volunteer/community services performed by students
- Online Tutoring in core subjects
- Trauma Counseling for suicidal issues or bereavement
- Life-skill Coaching on successes/failures (fulfilling a goal or purpose)
- Students are better equipped to function in an ever-increasing global world by interacting with other students of different cultures first-hand
- Schools save money while meeting the needs of students as stated in the Every Student Succeeds Act, 2015 (ESSA), which aims to provide all children significant opportunity to receive a fair, equitable and high-quality education and to close educational gaps
- Parents take pride in their children's accomplishments. KLTS sends frequent communications describing activities, children's achievements and even award certificates for the child's discovery of different parts of the world
Thank you to tutor.com for their referrals to KLTS